Roasted Pears w/ balsamic vinegar is a refined autumn appetizer perfect to serve before a large feast. Add flare to your holiday or any meal by serving this elegant dish! This Nothing can be more delicious than a roasted pear with Redstone Olive Oil Lavender Balsamic reduction served over a bed of fresh salad greens and prosciutto!
I taught this class recently at Restone Olive Oil in Draper and Farmington locations and the guests loved it! This is such a versatile recipe because you can serve it as a salad, an appetizer or even as dessert!
I brought this to a birthday party for a close Italian friend of ours and plated it by cutting each piece of pear into small pieces and wrapping them individually with prosciutto then drizzling the Lavendar Balsamic Reduction generously over the plate. All I had to do was bring tooth-pics to serve! My appetizer was devoured up with compliments and “Who made this?” Much to my pleasure! I was so happy to share something that pleased the hosts and the guests alike!
Get adventurous with what type of balsamic you choose! If you don’t live near Redstone Olive Oil, they ship to you! Try apricot, cinnamon pear, traditional, fig, passion fruit or raspberry!
Pere all’aceto balsamico
(Roasted Pears with Lavender balsamic reduction)
Time: 15 min
3 Bosc pears or hardy pears
2 Tablespoons Extra virgin olive oil
½ cup ®Redstone olive oil lavender balsamic vinegar
1 small clove garlic
1 Tablespoon light brown sugar
12 slices of prosciutto crudo (prosciutto)
Salad greens for garnish
- Divide the pears into fourths, using a spoon scoop out the seeds.
- Smash the garlic and take the peel off.
- In a large deep non-stick frying pan heat oil, half balsamic vinegar and garlic on medium to medium-low heat for approx. 20 seconds. Add the pears.
- Roast them for 5 minutes turning once to the opposite side. (The balsamic will reduce to a very dense sauce).
- Remove the pears and place on a plate allow to cool.
- Before serving, take the pan that was used previously add the remaining balsamic vinegar along with the brown sugar.
- Bring it to a light boil for approximately 30 seconds. Then remove from heat and remove the garlic.
- Serve pears over salad greens and slice of prosciutto finishing off with a drizzle of lavender balsamic reduction.
Click to Download –>>Pere all aceto balsamico